Job title - SVP/VP, Product Marketing (Two Positions)
Summary of Position:
The VP, Product Marketing will lead the development of innovative, new products that significantly contribute to the attainment of the product category goals. In this role the VP will primarily own the strategic direction, product development and the framework for category management.
The individual will have a passion for bringing innovative, successful new products to market. He/she will work with all functions within the organization to represent their respective product lines with a high level of energy, organization and professionalism. The VP is a strategic thinker who strives to align category goals and objectives with company mission, moving forward vigorously with consensus.
- Produce a fully integrated product strategy ensuring cradle to grave product life cycle and renewal plans encompassing product positioning, development strategy and production strategy.
- Lead a large Product Marketing team.
- Develop and communicate fact based definitions for the products, pricing and promotional activities required to achieve the category goals; the right product at the right price at the right time.
- The development and ultimate achievement of the financial measurements of the category (gross sales, gross margin, EBITDA)
- Maintaining an expert level knowledge base of the marketplace of the category, the competition and the consumer.
- Play an essential leadership role in the NPD process with Engineering, Quality, Design, Manufacturing, and Sales to ensure commitments are met such as: products are brought to market on time or ahead of schedule, products are brought to market at or below costs targets, products are produced to meet customer demand.
- Product Life Cycle Management: Planning transition from old to new product, advertising/promotion, identifying needs and acting on recommendations on ways to promote product, maintaining strong departmental and interdepartmental communications ensuring any interested parties have sufficient knowledge of the product lines.
- Always working to identify ways to improve and ensure a positive "out of the box" experience for the customer.
- Up to 15% travel to China
Attributes & Skills:
- Ability to be hands-on and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to work quickly without compromising quality
Education and Experience:
- MUST HAVE CONSUMER GOODS EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years product marketing/management and leadership experience within a consumer products company
- Previous experience working with global teams and products manufactured in China
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with engineers and other disciplines
- Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports but also members of those functions who contribute to the business unit
- Strong understanding of the "big-box" retail marketplace
Job title - Director of Engineering (Three Positions)
Summary of Position:
We are currently looking for a seasoned engineering executive to run the North American Engineering department. The position is responsible for delivering new products within the consumer goods industry.
This role will partner with the global engineering teams to design and develop new products and technologies.
- Oversee, develop & mentor the North American Engineering leadership team.
- Identify opportunities to drive the expansion & R&D to continuously grow the business.
- Maintain and improve upon relationships with global partners through all stages of the production process.
- Continuously seek opportunities for cost improvements and product improvements.
- Build cross functional relationships throughout the organization on a global basis.
- Ensure successful and consistent on time delivery for all products going to market.
- Work collaboratively with project managers for a greater understanding of large scale projects.
- Oversee and manager all new product development and tooling processes globally
- Ensure consistent on-time delivery to cost and specification from first principle concepts through to production
- MUST HAVE CONSUMER GOODS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Master's Degree in Engineering strongly preferred
- 10-12+ years' experience
- Asia manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Experience partnering with outside resources on new product technology strongly preferred
What is Keys to China?
Privately owned consumer electronics company with over 60 years history in Europe and US, with various locations throughout China. We have been recognized as one of the "Fastest growing, most innovative developers of Home Appliances in the World!"